Effective Date: 11/20/2015
Trident Merchant Services, LLC doing business as Targeted Merchant Solutions (“TMS”, “we”, “us” or “our”), a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA is committed to keeping any personal, company, and financial information secure.
The following types of information about you may be collected by us:
- Merchant or Sales Partner business information, including taxpayer identification number, as well as, other identifiable information (ie. financial history, when necessary); other personally identifiable owner information of the Merchant or Sales Partner, which include: owner name, address, social security number, email address. The information collected is required for processing applications and other paperwork, and in order to contact the owner:
- Your name.
- Postal and email address(es).
- Business (including toll-free), home, and mobile phone numbers, service provider name, date, time and content of messages.
- IP Address, and other technical information collected by our servers and/or vendors.
- Credit/debit card, bank account, and other billing information included cardholder transaction information, card numbers, and expirations dates.
- Information pertaining to the use of our Services, including but not limited to, redemption of loyalty and gift offers.
- Any other information provided by you to us in any way.
TMS services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly gather and/or retain information connected with the Services from children under the age of 13.
Information may be collected in the following ways
- From registration and/or electronic forms filled out by you on the TMS website or a TMS hosted site, and/or a site hosted by a third party
- From paper forms filled out by you
- From text (SMS – Short Message Service) messages sent via your cell phone
- From telephone calls to TMS made by you to us, or vice versa
- From emails sent to TMS by you, or vice versa
- From any other communications between you and TMS
- From referring websites and/or third parties
- From third part verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and any other publicly available resources
- From card and/or other transactions between Merchants and Customers
- From analysis and maintenance records of web server logs, and cookies, single pixel GIFs, and/or other similar technological methods.
The personal social security number of a Merchant or Sales Partner and the federal taxpayer ID are required by TMS in order to provide the Merchant with a merchant account and/or to begin a relationship with a Sale Partner. The required owner’s name and social security number may be used in order to request a credit report and/or to obtain a background report on the the Merchant or Sales Partner business and on its owner. There are many security measures in place, such as encryption, in order to protect the privacy of information about Merchants, Sales Partners, and its owner(s).
Information Use and Sharing
- To monitor, operate, and deliver Services like processing transactions and requests, providing instructions and messages, analyzing interest in Services, customizing content, and contacting you.
- To monitor, market, operate, and deliver any products/Services powered by TMS that are offered to you by third party vendors.
- To enable you to receive promotions.
- To improve or customize Merchants’ user experience in regards to Services
- To give information and promotions regarding our Services and any Services offered by our third party vendors.
- To identify you.
We might send you a welcoming email with the information that you provided us. In response to your inquiries, to give you the Services you request, and to manage your account(s), we will communicate with you.
Choices Regarding Your Information
For those who have given personally identifiable information to us, we can, on occasion, send mail or emails regarding Services. We do give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from having your information used for some purposes. If you wish to be removed from promotional communications, newsletters, and/or emails, you may do so by following the instructions found in each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com or by written correspondence sent to:
Targeted Merchant Solutions
1125 48th Ave. N.
Myrtle Beach SC 29577
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure protection and confidentiality of you personal information, we take every necessary precaution and use industry recognized security safeguards, including: site monitoring, secure networks and servers, encryption, firewalls, and training. Our technology is regularly tested and updated for enhanced security. Sensitive information is protected through encryption during transmission through SSL (Secure Socket Layer).. There is no method of internet transmission that is 100% secure, so we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. Yet, we do take protecting you personal information seriously and strive to protect it within industry standards.
Every employee is trained and required to safeguard your personal information. Based on job descriptions, internal controls and requirements limit access to personal information.
Protection of Cardholder and Customer Data
TMS is subject to the rules and regulations of credit and debit card associations and networks, including but not limited to VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Accel, NYCE, and Interlink. We are also required to be compliant in regards to the security and safeguarding of cardholder information with “PCI DSS” (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards), and “CISP” (Cardholder Information Security Program). We are compliant with the rules and regulations at all times. We comply with all related rules and regulations at all times. We undergo periodic third-party assessments and network scans to ensure that we have installed and maintained a firewall configuration to protect data; encrypt transmission of cardholder data and sensitive information across networks; restrict access of data to those that need to know; track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data; regularly test security systems and processes; assign a unique ID to each person with computer access; restrict physical access to cardholder data; and maintain a policy that addresses information security. Additional information regarding these requirements can be found at: http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/cisp.html
Use of Web Technologies
A small text file (up to 4KB) created by a Web site that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the Web site to recognize you and keep track of your preferences. You can remove the persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site may be limited.
Clear Gifs are web beacons that allow us to understand web content’s effectiveness.
We use clear gifts in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see “Choices Regarding Your Information.”
Log Files records either events that occur in an operating system or other software runs, or messages between different users of a communication software. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
This information, which does not identify individual users, is used in order to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use one or more of our websites, we might get “do not track” requests from you, via signals from Web browsers or other ways. Currently, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests. We can choose to do so in the future, however.
Manage Accurate Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our Services, please contact customer service via email at email@example.com, telephone, or postal mail at the contact information listed below.